Tractor-trailer accidents in Maryland and elsewhere often result in serious injuries. This is primarily because of the large size of a truck as compared to a passenger car. Occupants of cars and smaller trucks, like pickup trucks, are often badly hurt in a truck accident. At Otway Russo, P.C., we represent people injured by trucks as well as injured truck drivers.
Determining the cause of a truck accident can be critical for the sake of an injured person’s claim or lawsuit in pursuit of compensation for injuries. Our lawyers work hard to verify negligence through evaluation of:
- Black boxes that often tell the truth about a truck’s speed and other key factors
- Truck drivers’ logs, which may show that a driver was likely fatigued
- Evidence that a trucker had sleep apnea or a record of chronic fatigue
- Ownership, truck driver hiring and training, and insurance coverage issues
- Eyewitness testimony and police reports
Examples of negligence that we have been able to pinpoint in some truck accident cases have included:
- Evidence of overloading or poor load balancing
- Evidence of mechanical failure that led to a rollover accident
- Evidence that a trucking company negligently hired an inept trucker
In every car accident and truck accident case, we work hard to identify all potentially negligent parties and evaluate the insurance policies of each one. Sorting out insurance complexities is almost always a necessary challenge. Our lawyers’ persistence often pays off in this and other areas of tractor trailer injury cases.